A Shared Mailbox or a Distribution Group can be used to send emails as well as receive. However, depending on the permissions set when the Shared Mailbox or Distribution Group was created, will affect how email is sent.
There are 2 options:
- Send As
- Send on Behalf Of
For the purpose of this article, we will assume you have permission to Send As, i.e. send as firstname.lastname@example.org
Enable the From field
- Open Outlook
- Click the New Email button
- Click the Options tab
- In the section Show Field, click the From button
- The From field will now appear
Send From your Shared Mailbox
- Once the From field is enabled you can use this to enter your shared mailbox email address
- Click the From button
- Click Other Email Address
- Type the full email address of your Shared Mailbox into the box provided
- Click OK
- Now send a test message to another email address to confirm your message sends correctly.
So long as permissions have been assigned, and enough time has passed to allow these permissions to take effect (normally no more than 24 hours), then your message should send from the Shared Mailbox email address. The sent message will be stored in your own Sent Items folder, not the Sent Items of the Shared Mailbox. This can be changed with a system registry change if required. Please ask support for details.
Please contact PS Tech on 01732 243100 if you have any issues with these steps.