Welcome to your new Microsoft 365 Service!
Microsoft 365 offers a huge range of useful online services designed for small and large businesses. The main services you will initially want to take advantage of are:
- Email (Large 50Gb mailbox synchronised across all your Windows, Apple and Mobile Devices)
- OneDrive for Business – 1Tb of cloud storage for each use in your Microsoft 365 setup
- Office Software Suite (365 Business & Business Premium only, not Essentials) – Install the full Office Professional software on your Windows or Apple computers
Below are some very simple highlights to get you started with these 3 tools.
Just two tips before we get started…
- Access to Microsoft 365 account is controlled by your username (your email address) and a password. Make a secure note of these in a Password Manager app.
- We recommend you turn on MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication). This will secure your account against hackers attempting to access your Microsoft 365 account online by asking for a one-time PIN code that is sent to your mobile device every time you try and log on. Ask PS Tech for help on getting started with MFA.
Your new 50Gb mailbox is based on Microsoft Exchange technology. This is more advanced than the older POP and IMAP style mailboxes other ISP’s provide. Your email, including all your folders, your calendar and your contacts are kept synchronised across all computers and devices with your email account on. If you read a message on one device, it is marked as read on all others. If you delete an email, it is moved to Deleted Items on all devices and so on…
You can access your email account using the following means:
- Via Outlook Web - https://outlook.office365.com - Sign in with your username (email address) and password.
- On a Windows computer using Outlook (2010 or higher) or Windows Mail (Windows 10 only).
- Click File in the top left of the Outlook window.
- Select Add Account.
- Enter your username (email address) and password and follow onscreen prompts.
- Click File in the top left of the Outlook window.
- On an Apple computer using Outlook for Mac (2011 or higher) or Apple Mail (MacOS 10.12 or higher)
- On a mobile device such as Apple iPhone or iPad and on Android device
To add your email account to your computer email software or portable device, just go to chosen Mail app and add an account. If prompted choose the type Exchange or Office 365. You just need your username and password after that.
Contact PS Tech support if you get stuck.
OneDrive for Business
Your OneDrive is a cloud-based storage system. You can safely store all your business and personal documents and other files in OneDrive. The benefit is that you can then access these files from any device from anywhere. All you need is your username and password.
You can use OneDrive using the following means:
- You can log into your OneDrive and view and edit files from https://www.onedrive.com
- You can install the OneDrive app on your mobile device, Apple or Android
- You can install the OneDrive app onto your Windows computer. Go to https://www.onedrive.com and click the Download link. Once installed and signed in, you can simply move files to the new OneDrive folder on your computer and the app will upload copies to the cloud, keeping a local copy on your computer for fast and offline access
- You can install the OneDrive app onto your Apple computer. Go to the App Store and search for OneDrive and install it. Once installed and signed in, you can simply move files to the new OneDrive folder on your computer and the app will upload copies to the cloud, keeping a local copy on your computer for fast and offline access Don’t forget to tick the box to launch OneDrive at login to ensure OneDrive launches when you turn your Apple computer on
There are many other features that are part of the OneDrive tool. If you would like advice, contact PS Tech for help
If you have subscribed to Microsoft 365 Apps (For Business) or Microsoft 365 Business Standard (not Basic), you can install the full Office software Suite on to your Windows or Apple computer. You can install the software on up to 5 of your own computers enabling you access top your software when in the office or out and about.
To download and install Office, simply log into Microsoft 365 at https://portal.office.com and click the ‘Install Office’ button on the home page.
This will download a small application you need to run. Once run you will see Office downloading and installing. This takes anything from 15 minutes to up to an hour, depending on the speed of your internet connection.
Once installed, launch the Word app and you will be prompted to Sign In and activate your software.
You should now have access via your Windows Start Menu, or your Apple Applications folder to Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Windows users will also have Publisher and Access.
If you would like to download and install Microsoft Teams, you can do that from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app#desktopAppDownloadregion. Download either for Desktop or Mobile depending on the device you are using.
You can also install the main Office apps onto your Apple or Android smart phones or tablets from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Search for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive and Teams from the store.